- How does LHCF protect supporters’ privacy?
This policy sets out the different types of personal data we collect, why we collect it and what you can do if you would like to remove your data or change any details we may hold. If you need to contact us to discuss any privacy matter our contact details are below. These can also be found on the contact page of our website www.lhcf.org.uk
LAMB Health Care Foundation
56a St Peter's Road
Reading RG6 1PH
Tel:0118 926 0672
- The basis and purposes for LHCF holding personal data
Your consent will be obtained for LHCF to hold personal data about you. This will be obtained through you giving consent on our website, or by emailed or paper consent forms. We will ask for your consent when you request information about our activities, make a donation, or volunteer with us.
The purposes for us holding your data are:
- For promoting the aims and objectives of LHCF
- For seeking financial support for the charity
- For sending supporters newsletters, prayer letters and other information about LHCF and related events and activities
- For administrative tasks connected with the above purposes
- Categories of Personal Data held by LHCF
We collect information such as your name, home address, email address and phone number for the above purposes.
If you support LHCF financially, we will hold data provided by you on donation, standing order or Gift Aid forms, in order to process your gifts and keep necessary charity accounting records. We do not store details of any debit/credit cards.
Any other information you provide, such as feedback on activities/newsletters, are used to develop the work of LHCF.
Cookies: The cookies we use are ‘analytical’ cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the site when they’re using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example by making sure users are finding what they need easily.
The LHCF website does not store any information that would, on its own, allow us to identify individual users without your permission. Any cookies that may be used by the website are used either solely on a per session basis, or to maintain user preferences. Cookies are not shared with any third parties.
Our website will from time to time contain hyperlinks to other sites, both in the UK and abroad, such as the site of Lamb in Bangladesh. LHCF cannot be responsible for data protection and privacy practices of these sites.
- Who is my data shared with?
Personal data held by LHCF is not shared with external parties unless required for:
- Administrative processing of financial transactions, when details will be shared with LHCF’s bank.
- Producing annual financial statements, when data will be shared with LHCF’s Independent Examiner.
- Complying with legal requirements, e.g. providing personal details of LHCF trustees annually to the Charity Commission.
- How secure is your data?
The main LHCF database of supporters is hosted for security by an external company, with access restricted to LHCF trustees.
Banking information is protected by our bank’s strict security measures.
Financial records are password protected and backed up online.
- How long do we hold your personal data for?
LHCF seeks to build long-term relationships with our supports over a period of years. In view of this, we retain your details as follows:
- For general enquiries, single events, time-limited appeals, and sending of news or prayer letters: Six years after our last contact with you.
- For donors to LHCF: Six years after your last gift:
- Financial records: Six years from the end of the financial year in which the transaction was made (Companies Act/Charities Act).
- Your right to information
This policy seeks to provide you with the information required by the European General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), which are not affected by Brexit.
You can request a copy of the information we hold for you, and we will do our best to provide this by email or post within 14 days of receiving your request.
- Your right to withdraw consent and raise concerns about our information rights practice
You can unsubscribe from receiving information from us, and stop giving financially to us at any time. If your details change, please also let us know.
If you have concerns about the way we have handled your personal data, you can raise these with the Information Commissioner’s Office:
Tel: 0303 123 1113, Website www.ico.org.uk
- The sources of data we hold about you
In the great majority of cases, the information we hold about you will, be obtained from you directly. We may from time to time be given information by other individuals, or obtain it from public sources, but only for the purposes contained in this policy. In these cases, we will always tell you the source of our information.
LHCF does not use automated ‘profiling’ to evaluate personal attributes such as economic situations or personal preferences.
Approved by Trustees on 28th November 2017
The cookies we use are ‘analytical’ cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the site when they’re using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example by making sure users are finding what they need easily.
This website does not store any information that would, on its own, allow us to identify individual users of this service without their permission. Cookies are not shared with any third parties.
More information on cookies can be obtained from www.allaboutcookies.org.